1. Install tool “sudo apt-get install mtp-tools mtpfs”;
2. Create new directory “sudo mkdir/media/mtp”;
3. Modify the directory permission “sudo chmod 755/media/mtp”;
4. Install device “sudo mtpfs –o allow_other/media/mtp”, then you can manage the phone files in the file manager;
5. Unload device “sudo umount/media/mtp”.
During installation, do not disconnect the USB data cable between the phone and the computer. If it cannot be used after being installed, please restart the computer or reinstall.
Warmly Tips: You can go to Settings>More settings>Manual>More applications>Instructions on USB connecting>Linux for reference.
For MacBook, you need to download “AndroidFileTransfer.dmg” to manage the phone files.
1. Connect your vivo phone to MacBook;
2. Download the Mac OS MTP management tool by clicking http://zs.vivoglobal.com/download.php?sel_type=12;
Open it, then you can manage the phone files on your MacBook.
For our current vivo phones, you can connect them to TV via USB cable, but the files saved on the phone cannot be read. But don`t be upset, you can use the Wi-Fi Display feature or DLNA to connect your phone to your Smart TV.
Please don`t worry, you can refer to the methods below to connect your vivo smartphone to PC:
1. After connection, slide downward from the top of the screen to bring up the Notification panel. Select Files in USB connected, then check again.
2. Connect your phone to PC through vivo Assistant:
a. Download the Vivo Assistant app and install it on your PC;
b. Use the original USB cable to connect your phone to PC;
c. Enable USB debugging. The USB debugging switch can be found in Settings>More settings>Developer options(You can enter *#*#7777#*#* on the dial pad to access Developer options);
d. Slide downward from the top of the screen to bring up Notification panel. Select Files;
e. Connect your phone to PC via vivo Assistant.
3. If the above method does not work, please change your USB cable, then try again;
4. Connect your phone to another PC to check if there is the same issue. If not, we recommend you reboot your PC or seek help from the PC manufacturer.
Currently, our phones don`t support the HDMI and MHL connection.
Due to the limitation of the hardware, vivo phones cannot connect to Projector currently.
Our current phones do not support the MirrorLink feature.
Our current phones cannot connect to the DVD player.